What a busy month it has been, so great to see so many ladies enjoying their golf, walk and chat. If it wasn’t for the latter two I wonder if I would enjoy my day out as much. The course is looking amazing and all the spring growth suggests the end of the cold weather.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- CANOBOLAS CUP– what a wonderful event for the ladies. Thank you Helen Corby for your ongoing sponsorship for the event. There were some very close matches leading up to the finals. Virginia Conran and Jenny Millner were the finalists and both played very well on the day with Virginia having the winning edge on the day defeating Jenny 7/8 on the 28th hole. They were very appreciative of their caddies, Ros Davis and Isabel Weston. Thanks to Gay and Beryl for refereeing the match.
- CONSOLATION CUP – The eventual finalists were Jo Hunter and Barbara Mutton. Thank you to Janis Pritchard and Pat Bradford for your sponsorship. Jo was on fire on the day hitting some magnificent shots defeating Barbara on the 15th hole 4/3 . Thank you to Margot Sullivan and Val Durack for refereeing. Barbara has certainly made a great return to golf. She was also the recipient of the Rita West Trophy donated each year by Kevin and Melissa Frazer.
- 3 STICKS AND A PUTTER MULLIGAN DAY– What a fun day. Maybe Mulligans should be a regular part of the game. Apparently some people only need them occasionally. Thanks to our sponsors Dot Beasley, Judy Royal and Janet Appleby. Pat Rose and Helen Bouffler were a couple of the winners on the day.
- CAPTAIN V PRESIDENT DAY– we had 80 players on the day as well as several 9 hole players. Thank you ladies for your wonderful support. Also thank you to Tandy Welding – Dot and Kevin for your generous sponsorship. Most players took advantage of having lunch and some well earned socialising. The Captain’s Team were the winners. The President’s team winners were Carol Reynolds and Margaret Shannon and the President’s team winners were Pat Rose and Sandra Blowes. Well done girls.
- Just a little reminder girls, that you should arrive at golf 20 minutes before your game to make sure you are on the tee ready to start. This also applies to Thursday golf especially since the number of players has increased significantly. Thank you for your consideration.
- The committee has decided that there will not be a Foursomes event this year.
- Thank you for supporting the new raffle system. It is improving each week we just need to remember our $2.
- Can Assist Charity Day 20th October- this is an open day so see if you can organise a few visitors to come along and enjoy our beautiful course. You may have noticed the bins on the course to put bottles in. Can Assist volunteers are collecting bottles as a part of their fundraising.
- Best wishes to Marilyn Maxwell for a speedy recovery following her double hip replacement.
- Many of you may remember Mary Cush who recently passed away at age 96. Mary attended the October Ladies Tournament for over 40 years. Also Maxine Bradley, a prominent Duntryleague member recently passed away. Maxine made a Christmas cake to raffle on Christmas Cheer Day. Maria took over the cake making when she left but decided it would be eaten not raffled.
- Thank you all for your flexibility and patience during the pandemic. Bring on 2021. Party time awaits. Fingers crossed.
- Committee 2021– please give some consideration to becoming a member of the committee next year. It can be a very rewarding experience.
- Margot Sullivan and Michelle will be representing Duntryleague in the Keno Ambrose Club Zone final in Dubbo on October 25th. Virginia Conran and Robert Payne will be in the mixed event.
- Tuesday 22nd September – Monthly Medal sponsored by Peter Smith Chemart
- Tuesday 29th September – Course Renovation – 9 hole comp
- Tuesday 6th October – Stableford
- Tuesday 13th October – Monthly Medal sponsored by Caboodle Julie Mendham
- Tuesday 20th October Charity Day – sponsored by Shirley Doherty, Dot Beasley, Margaret Shannon, Jill Benson Pat Bradford and Janis Pritchard
Happy Days, Happy Golf