I can’t believe another month has passed. It is lovely to see the course getting greener each time I drive by. We have a busy few months of golf ahead so looking forward to seeing you all playing.
Points of Interest
- Ladies Open Tournament starts on 21st October. There are over 200 entries for the event. Thank you to all the members who have volunteered to help. There are still a few gaps in the roster if you haven’t had a chance to include your name. Thanks to Maria and Beryl for all their excellent organisation.
- Can Assist Charity Day is on 15th October. It is a 4 person Texas Shootout. Still plenty of time to enter. There will be a trading day on the day so donations are most welcome. Apparently the charity is short of funds at the moment so hopefully we can have a successful day. It is an open day if you wish to bring a friend along.
- WDLGA Finals Day was held at Cowra. Sandra Schultz was runner up in Division 1 and Susan Fenwick was in a 4 way play off for the Champion of Champions. Lee Pickett was the very excited winner.
- 3 Sticks and a Putter day will be a fun Pink Day for the McGrath Foundation. Frock up if you like and hopefully it will be a sea of pink.
- Medal Winners were Glenda Hodge Gold, Ros Davis Silver and Margaret Murray Bronze. Glenda is going to Cowra this Friday to represent the club.
- September Monthly Medal was not contested.
- October Monthly Medal winner was Wendy Brown with a very impressive Nett 66 (96 Scratch) Congratulations Wendy. Thank you to Terry White Chemart for their sponsorship.
- Sadie Thomas Memorial Bowl saw big field of ladies. Kez Brett and Susan Harris were the winners with 50 points. Sandra Blowes and Dot Beard had 46 points and Wendy Slade and Erana Swain had 45 points. Congratulations. Thank you to Alan and Aileen Ralston for your ongoing generous sponsorship. The room was a ablaze with beautiful flowers.
Up Coming Events
- October 15th -Can Assist Charity Day 4 person Charity Day. Sponsored by Shirley Doherty, Margaret Shannon, Dot Beasley, Pat Bradford and Janis Pritchard.
- October 22nd – 25th Ladies Open Tournament.
- October 29th – 3 sticks and a Putter. Pink Day for McGrath Foundation. Sponsored by Dot Beasley and Janet Appleby
- November 5th – Melbourne Cup Day. 18 Hole Stableford with lunch to follow. Sponsored by Elaine Cusack, Wendy Reid, Kathy Fisher and Pat Rose.
Sadie Thomas Memorial Bowl
October Monthly Medal