What a busy month we have had. The months fly by so quickly. Recent rain has seen the grass green up so here’s hoping for some follow up soon.
Points of Interest
- Can Assist Charity was a very successful day and we were able to donate $1100 dollars to the very worthy charity. Thank you our sponsors Shirley Doherty, Margaret Shannon, Dot Beasley, Pat Bradford, Jill Benson and Janis Pritchard.
- October Ladies Tournament- What a wonderful tournament we had . A big thankyou to Maria and Beryl for their wonderful organisation and to all the committee and volunteers for their great help. With over 200 ladies competing it was a great team effort. The comments from the visitors were very positive.
- Our Duntryleague Ladies were very present on the podium. Overall Champion Division 1 was Susan Fenwick and with a very excited Lou Stevens runner up. Division 2 runner up was Sally Gorden. Division 3 winner was Pauline Jani and runner up Val Durack. Division 4 runner up was Cheryl Bennett. Many other prizes were also won by our girls. Congratulations to everyone. We will be seeking some new sponsors for the event next year so if you know of any businesses who might be interested please let the committee know.
- McGrath Pink Day. The pink day for the Foursomes event was very well received and the course was a blossom of pink. The event plus the 3 sticks and a Putter event raised a wonderful $1770 dollars . Fantastic effort and thanks to Jo Hunter and Gay Stone for their organisation. Also thanks to Volvik for their sponsorship.
- 3 Sticks and a Putter – who said we need 14 clubs in our bag !!.We were all given 4 Mulligan cards to help us but still amazing scores. Lisa McDonald managed 46 points, Carol Reynolds 45 points and Laurie Niven 42 points. Everyone enjoyed the fun game. Thank you Robin and Dot for your sponsorship
- Melbourne Cup – a rather cold day on the course followed by a lovely lunch. Thank y0u Elaine, Wendy R, Kathy F and Pat Rose for your sponsorship. Also to Hatty and Angullong for our lovely glass of wine. Ann Burcher, Pam Evans and Sally Kay all had 37 points and Gay Stone 36. Graeme Bellamy was the men’s winner with 36 points
- This week the Medal of Medals will be played. Good luck girls.
CHRISTMAS GATHERING ON THE DECK
Friday 22nd November at 6.00pm
You are invited the join the ladies for an informal evening.
(rather than an organised meal, each person can order from the menu and purchase their own drinks)
An great opportunity for mingling with friends, not in our golf attire.
There will be a list in the ladies room to add your name if interested so we can give the kitchen some ides of numbers.
We will be able to move inside if necessary. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Christmas Cheer Day is quickly approaching so we are asking for donations for our Christmas Hampers. Thank you for your contributions. Lunch will be $25 paid at the office. You dont have to play golf to come to lunch.
- Closing Day is on the 19th ( next week) and we would like donations of cakes, slices etc for afternoon tea please. Always a feature of the events with yummy treats. Don’t forget to invite your friends to come and join us.
Up Coming Events
- November 12th – Medal of Medals. Sponsored by Janet Bowyer and Phyllis Conran
- November 19th – Closing Day – Sponsored by Duntryleague Members.
- November 26th – Ladies AGM Meeting – Shotgun start 8.30 for 9.00. Sponsored by Bronwyn Ryan, Sally Keenam and Barbars Mutton. Nomination forms for committee are in the ladies room if you are considering being on the committee.
- December 3rd – Ladies Christmas Cheer 4BBB stableford. Sponsored by Elaine and Kevin Cusack and Hatty Crossing and Angullong Wines.
- December 10th -Ladies Consistency Points Competition commences.
Did you know?
- Our Thursday Ladies comp is opening up until the end of January. Any lady golfer with a handicap can come and play in the Thursday comp for the same rate as our members – just $16. Spread the news with your friends from other clubs, all welcome.
Happy days, happy golf,