Apparently spring has arrived (not where I am sitting at the moment). What an exciting month of golf we have had with Canobolas Cup and Captain’s President’s Day. We are still waiting for the elusive rain to come but I guess we must still enjoy our dry Tuesdays.
Points of Interest
- Canobolas Cup – there were some excellent and close matches over the 4 weeks of the matchplay. Congratulations to Beryl Pearce, a very worthy and fifth time winner of the Canobolas Cup winning 7/6. A great achievement. I helped referee the match and Beryl played some amazing and consistent golf. Jenny Millner was a wonderful opponent and also played a great game. Apparently it has been a while since the Rita West Memorial Trophy winner has made the final. In the end experience was victorious. Thank you Helen Corby for your sponsorship.
- Consolation Cup- the Consolation Cup was won by ever consistent Margot Sullivan who defeated last years Canobolas Cup winner Wendy Reid 2/1. Congratulation girls. Thank you to Pat Bradford and Janis Pritchard for your sponsorship.
- Captain’s President’s Day- Congratulations to Dot Beasley and her team. Apparently Dot has never lost as President. Amazing coaching! The winners for the Captains Team were Lorie Leahey and Phyllis Conran with 46 points on a C/B. The President’s team winners were mother and daughter team Margaret Murray and Julie Mendham with 50 points on a C/B. Thank you Tandy Welding for your great sponsorship. It was such a pleasure to have Dot Tandy join us for presentation.
- Western Districts Finals Day will be on Thursday 19th September. Susan Fenwick will contesting the Champion of Champions. Div 1 players are Glenda Hodge and Sandra Schultz. Div 2 Val Durack, Div 3 Julie Mendham and Janis Pritchard. Good luck girls.
- Country Week- eight girls from Duntryleague travelled to Sydney for Country Week which gives country players a chance to play on beautiful city courses. Courses this year were Stonecutter’s Ridge,Pennant Hills and Cumberland. Three very different and challenging courses. Kerry Kidd flew the Duntryleague flag winning the net event on Tuesday and was the overall 36 hole net winner in Division 2. Congratulations Kerry. She was very surprised when her name was announced. A good week was had by all who attended.
- Last Tuesday saw some very impressive scores. Div 1 – Ruth Swift with 39 pts, Div 3 – Maureen Cook 41pts and Margaret Murray 39 pts. Well done. Dawn Roberts also had 41 points a few weeks ago.
- Welcome back Cathy Thompson, it appears she has still got it winning the versus par event +4. Well done.
- October Ladies Tournament– the event is quickly approaching so if you have yet to complete your nominations please do so ASAP. Thanks. Enter here: Ladies Open
- Thursday 12th September – Canowindra Tournament. Always a great day out.
- Thursday 19th September – WDLGA Finals Day Cowra
Up Coming Events
- 17th September – Monthly Medal 8- 18 hole Stroke. Sponsored by Terry White Chemart.
- 24th September – Sadie Thomas Memorial Bowl. 4BBB Stableford. Sponsored by Alan and Aileen Ralston.
- 1st October – Monthly Medal 9 – 18 hole Stroke. Sponsored by Orange Baby Kingdom.
- 8th – 10th October Duntryleague Annual Veteran’s Tournament.
Happy days Happy golfing