It is hard to believe how beautiful the gardens are looking in Orange. Lots of dormant seed has germinated and made the lawns flourish and of course also the weeds. While we were gardening this week many guests commented on how beautiful everything was looking. No excuse for bad golf girls!!!
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Carolyn Lennan was a very excited recipient of the September Monthly Medal with a brilliant nett 66. The day was sponsored by Peter Smith Chemmart. Thank you once again.
- The October Monthly Medal was won by Sally Keenan with a nett 67 on a countback from Phyllis Conran. There were some great scores on the day. Thank you to a new sponsor Julie Mendham from Caboodle for your contribution. Julie also provided the lovely raffle for the day.
- Sadie Thomas Memorial Bowl sponsored by Aileen and Alan Ralston was a wonderful day with some very excited winners receiving Anything Grows vouchers as well as a beautiful bunch of flowers. I watched Insook and my name creep down the winners list. Better luck next year. Thank you Aileen and Alan.
- Can Assist Charity day is on next week. We have 100 people playing so please be patient when ordering lunch and drinks. Pauline and Erana will be selling raffle tickets near the pro shop in the morning. This will be your donation for Can Assist. Some excellent prizes on offer. The prizes are donated by Groundstone ($150 voucher), Kendal ($100 voucher), Lou and Anne Stevens two handmade rugs, Maria Crawford ( mixed box of jams) and Anything Grows ($20 voucher). All proceeds from the raffle go to Can Assist.
- Names of the 4 players and their handicaps on the card.
- Each team consists of 4 players. EACH PLAYER MUST USE 4 TEE SHOTS INCLUDING A PAR THREE. All 4 tee off and the best tee shot is chosen remembering that each player must use 4 tee shots each.
- All players play their next shot from that point. Ball to be placed 30cms from the chosen ball, no nearer the hole on the fairway and 15cms on the green.
- For the remainder of the hole each player plays their own ball as a stableford.
Scoring: The 2 best stableford scores are recorded on the card.
- AGM: Due to Covid restrictions we will not be having an AGM meeting this year. Most of the presentations such as Vets and Medals have not been contested so there will be no annual presentations. Nomination forms will be in the ladies rooms early November. All nominations to be returned by the 24th November. In the case that we need to have a vote for committee members, there will be voting forms available and the office staff and a scrutineer will collate the results. Nominations and results will be displayed on the ladies notice board.
- Melbourne Cup: The Mixed Melbourne Cup day will go ahead albeit without the normal fun of sweeps.There will not be a shotgun start. Lunch will need to be prepaid and it will be a served meal instead of the normal buffet. Lunch will be 2 courses and $30 prepaid to the office. Alternatively, the ordinary menu will be available. There will be a 2 tee start.
- As you are aware Carol Stewart has been awarded Life Membership. Her achievement will be recognised at the presentation following the Medal of Medal competition on Tuesday 10th November.
- Tuesday 20th October – Can Assist Charity Day – 4 person Texas Shootout
- Tuesday 27th October – 18/9 Hole Stableford
- Tuesday 3rd November – Melbourne Cup – Individual Medley Stableford
- Tuesday 10th November – Medal of Medals
Happy days Happy golf.