How quickly the months go by, it only seems like yesterday that I wrote the last newsletter. How beautiful is the Autumn weather and how stunning are the trees.
Points of Interest
- Congratulations to John Cook on nine years as President. His dedication and invovelment in the running of Duntryleague has been exemplary. Best wishes for you new projects. We welcome Dennis Schultz as our new president and wish him and the new board every success.
- Food Week Plate – Congratulations to Maureen Cook on her amazing win.
- Match Play Championships – the second year of the event and this year Division 2 participated. It is planned to include Division 3 next year. Hopefully we will be able to increase interest as the event gains momentum. Congratulations to all who competed and to the winners and runners up.
- The 2 person Ambrose was a very successful event with members enjoying a different fun day. Successful teams will have the opportunity of representing the club later in the year and then a chance of a trip to Bonnville .
- Congratulations to the pennants on their 3/2 victory against Bathurst. Best of luck against Cowra on Friday 10th May.
- Ann Williams had a very impressive win on the BMW Day with 42 points. Off to New Zealand for a holiday I believe! Another one worthy of mention is Edna Sharp who came 4th and had to play off 36. Well done.
- Par 3 Championships were held on Sunday 5th May. A very successful event, thanks to Beryl and Don Pearce for their generous sponsorship. Men’s winner was Rod Jones and Ladies’ winner was Sandra Schultz.
- The Wednesday gardening girls have been busy planting pansies and tulips in the garden at the front of the mansion in readiness for spring flowering.
- May Monthly Medal– congratulation to Elaine Cusack on her win with 68 nett.
- Nett Winners – Cheryl Sally and Sandra. Kendals here we come!
- A big thank you to Colin Michael and Brodie for giving up their time to talk about CPR and the Defibrillators.
- 13th May- WDLGA Tournament Dubbo
- Cumnock Tournament – Sunday 26th May. Always a great day out with wonderful country hospitality.
- Coonamble Tourmanent – Sunday 2nd June
14th May – 18 0r 9 hole Stableford
21st May – Ladies Foursomes Championships. Sponsors Burcher EFI, Shirley Doherty , Marilyn Maxwell, Pam Wright and Dianne Smith.
28th May – 4BBB Championships Qualifying Round. Sponsored by Carol Hughes and Barbara Chapman.
3oth May – 4BBB Match Play Championships Elimination Round 1. Moira Johnson Memorial Salva. Dorothy Collins Memorial Trophy.
4th June– 18 or 9 Hole Stableford
6th June – 4BBB Match Play Championships Elimination Round 2
Happy Days Happy Golf