Rotate screen to landscape to see full draw
The autumn leaves have almost finished meaning that winter is approaching. Time to get out your winter wooolies beanies and hand warmers. We still have a full program of golf to keep your warm. The medal was sponsored by Inbound Web Solutions – Jo Hunter. Thank you Jo for becoming a sponsor for the Medal.
Points of Interest
- The April Monthly Medal was won by Glenys Grimmett with a great 69 nett. Her parting farewell as she heads north to escape the winter.
- NSW 2 Person Ambrose – the winners were Lou Stevens and Val Pollack. I had the pleasure of playing with them. A great combination, Well done. The event was sponsored by Helen Corby and Beryl Pearce. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Western Districts Ladies Golf Association WDLGA
What a wonderful week of golf and friendship. Many players commented on the beautiful course even though some found the greens a bit quick. The Presentation Dinner was also a wonderful evening, with great food and company. Thank you, Kristen and her supporting staff for all your work. Long term members of the WDLGA Committee thought it was the best dinner ever. Thank you to the chefs on the night.
Thank you to all the members who contributed to the raffle prizes. We were able to make four beautiful raffles. Kerry Kidd and Joy Richie were the lucky winners of the two first prizes. Thank you to all the card scanners, spotters, raffle ticket sellers cooks, and anyone I may have not mentioned. I guess I must also mention the hard-working committee girls and Beryl Pearce our WDLGA Rep who worked to make the tournament a success. It is great to see members supporting the club.
WDLGA Golf Results
The Duntryleague ladies did very well (course knowledge or raw talent ?)
- Division 1 was won by Sally Kay. Division 2 was won by Insook Jun with Gay Stone Runner Up. Val Durack got the bronze medal in Division 3 and Jenny Millner was the winner of Division 4. CONGRATULATION GIRLS. There were plenty of other DL girls receiving prizes.
Match Play Championships
- Division 1 was contested by Jo Hunter and Sally Kay. What a great match going to the 36th hole. Jo Hunter was the eventual winner winning 1 up. Congratulations Jo.
- Division 2 was contested by Maria Crawford and Sally Gordon. This match went to the 19th hole with Sally Gordan the winner. Congratulations Sally.
Hopefully, this prestigious event will gain momentum in the years to come and more players will come along and try their luck (sorry I mean skill).
- Foursomes Championships – congratulations to Jo Hunter and Sally Kay who won with 135 gross (I seem to be typing their names a lot lately). Great golf. Congratulations. Runners Up were Lou Stevens and Val Pollock with 136. Another great team. Handicap winners were Odile Prosser-Fenn and Maureen Cook and Runner Ups were Maris Crawford and Robin Thompson. Sponsors were Burcher EFI, Marilyn Maxwell, Dianne Smith, and Pam Wright.
- Congratulations to John Furze on your retirement. We wish you well as you start the next exciting part of your life. A club farewell is planned for John on Wednesday 26th May from 5.00pm and a ladies farewell after golf on Tuesday 25th May.
- Cumnock Tournament – Sunday 23rd May
- Condobolin Mixed Tournament – 29th & 30th May
- Cowra – 15th 16th 17th June
Up Coming Events
- Tuesday 25th May – 4BBB Stroke Championships Qualifying Round ( Dorothy Collins Trophy donated by the Collins family)
- Thursday 27th – 4BBB Match Play – Round I (sponsored by Maria Crawford, Ann Williams, Edna Sharp, and Carol Reynolds
- Tuesday 1st June Monthly Medal May sponsored by Kendal
- Thursday 3rd Jun 4BBB Match Play Round 2
- Tuesday 8th June Swingers Fun Day sponsored by Jenny Millner, Kez Brett, Helen O’Neill, Carolyn Lennon, and Janine Bessan.
- Thursday 10th June – 4BBB Round 3
- Tuesday 15th June – Monthly Medal 5 sponsored by Yates Baker McLean
- Thursday 17th June – Final 4BBB Championships.
- Please be quiet when players are addressing and playing their ball.
- Make sure you don’t leave your buggies and carts in front of the green when putting.