What a busy month it has been with many additional events as well as our normal calendar of events. Great weather has been a blessing for the organisers but some rain would be welcome at the moment.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The February Monthly Medal was won by Jo Hunter with a wonderful 73 nett. Congratulations Jo. Jo has certainly been playing some amazing golf lately. The scratch winner on the day was Lou Stevens with 80. Well done. Thank you to the Country Duntry Girls for your continuing sponsorship.
- Regency Cup – We provided a perfect day, a delicious lunch, great company but unfortunately the girls were outplayed on the day going down 6/2. Congratulations Wentworth players. Thank you Gay for your organisation.
- VW Scramble – Congratulations to the winning team of Ros Davis, Virginia Conran, Robert Payne and Gordon Pattinson on their win. Good luck for the next round. Sally Gordon is also a winner after playing in Sydney with some friends.
- City of Orange Veterans Classic– a successful event with about 190 players . Thanks to the organisers. Sally Heigh is the only Duntryleague woman on the committee and would love a couple of lady members to join her to give Duntryleague more representation. The event is across the two Orange clubs. Have a chat to Sally if you are interested. A great way to become more involved and learn about golf behind the scenes. Congratulations to Jo Sangster who was runner up in the 54 hole competition. Kerry Kidd, Robyn Forrester and Taua Holmes were also prize winners for daily events.
- Mercedes Benz Classic – by all accounts everyone had a wonderful three days of golf and evenings wining and dining. Kerry Kidd had a very successful event being the first runner up over the three days. Congratulations. Kerry always saves her best for the big events. Ros Davis Virginia Conran and Lisa McDonald were also prize winners. Thankyou to all the committee who organised the event.
- Western Districts Ladies Golf Tournament. This year Duntryleague will be hosting the tournament from 10th – 13th May. The tournament is run by the WDLGA representatives but the Duntryleague women are responsible for organising the dinner, raffles and helpers around the course. Rosters will be available soon. The committee have decided that raffles of local produce would be a wonderful way to showcase what our region has to offer. We are asking that members make a donation of something produced locally and non perishable towards the raffle. Things like oils, dressings, handcreams, jams nuts ,sweets, wine etc etc. Some items can be expensive so a few might like to get together to purchase something. If you know some producer who is willing to donate please let us know so that we can recognise their contribution.
- Championships – the championships commence on 16th March. Hopefully lots of women will compete in all four rounds to make it a great event. Who knows, it could be your year.
- Scanning Cards- after scanning the cards for the Vets Classic we were surprised how many cards were scored incorrectly. It was usually that the crosses were in the wrong place ( the machine only reads the crosses). If the score on the screen doesn’t tally with your score please edit the card to see where the error lies. Could just be that the machine hasn’t recorded properly. Ask for help if you are unsure how to edit the card. You could be missing out on a prize.!
- Bathurst Women’s Golf Amateur Tournament – Monday 3rd May – Wednesday 5th May
- Western Districts Tournament – 10th – 13th May. Duntryleague
Course Etiquette – Speed of Play
Be to the tee in plenty of time to hit off.
Keep up with the players ahead.
If you have lost time 2 people head of to next tee and hit off before marking your card.
Move quickly to your ball and get ready for your next shot.
Remember ready golf applies all over the course, not only when teeing off.
- Tuesday 16th March – 2nd Monthly Medal sponsored by Tony Leahey Ford. Round 1 72Hole Championships sponsored by Orange Self Storage – Virginia Conran. Matthew Robinson Trophy sponsored by Pauline Jani
- Thursday 18th March – 2nd Round Championships
- Tuesday 23rd March – Round 3 Championships. Stroke event sponsored by Sally Gordon and Robin Thompson
- Thursday 25th March – Finals Championships.
- Tuesday 30th March – Palliative Care Charity Day sponsored by Sally Heigh, Margo Snare, Val Pollack , Dulcie Freguson and Val Durack
- Tuesday 6th May – 18 hole Stableford
- Tuesday 13th – Gourmet Golf Stableford (no normal golf)