It is great to see everyone following the latest COVID-19 rules. Who knows when this…
It’s been a massive month of golf!!
Congratulations to all the people who were involved the WDLGA Tournament. There were nothing but positive comments regarding the event. Several commented that one of the best yet.
Points of Interest
- Sadly we say farewell to Cheryl Bennett from the Women’s Committee after eight years as a valued hard-working member. Her commitments to work prevent her from continuing her role on the committee. Thank you Cheryl for your wonderful contributions to Duntryleague Women’s Golf.
- The October Tournament entries are now being taken. You can enter online at https://duntryleague.com.au/product/ladies-open/ or give your entries with payment to Beryl Pearce.
- Please be patient with the Pro Shop. A difficult time for them until the vacant position has been filled. Thank you to Chris Durack and Pauline Jani for assisting with starting the field on Tuesdays.
- Foursomes Championships – a very closely contested event between our two formidable teams of Sally Kay and Jo Hunter and Val Pollack and Lou Stevens. Winners by one stroke were Sally and Jo. It is great to see such strong positive competition. Sponsors for the event are Burcher EFI, Dianne Smith, Marilyn Maxwell, and Pam Wright. Thank you.
- Dorothy Collins Memorial Trophy. This trophy is awarded to the top qualifiers who are playing in the match play. Although Odile and Maureen were the winners on the day the trophy goes to Judy Royal and Lyn Isles. Congratulations girls and good luck for the remainder of the event. This event is sponsored by the Collins family including Carol Hughes and Barbara Chapman
- May Monthly Medal (delayed due to weather) – Congratulation Val Durack for winning the medal with a net 67. Wonders will never cease. Nice to play an inconsistent game for once? Thank you to Kendal for your generous and ongoing support. it is lovely to see Kendal playing and enjoying her golf as well these days. It was lovely to see two Mothers and Daughters playing together on the day, Kendal and Pat and Margaret and Julie.
- You would have read Gay’s notice that the Swinger’s Fun Day has been postponed until the 31st of August. This is a very generous sponsorship so we are hoping for a big field of fun-loving golfers.
- Congratulation to Joy Richie for winning the Stableford event on Tuesday 8th June with 36 points. Well done Joy.
- Nagger’s Cup – this event is played on Sundays. A great event so please think about playing next year. Unfortunately, Sunday golf participation has not been very well supported in recent years. The par 3 Championships have been postponed until late in the year due to insufficient numbers to warrant the event going ahead. The Naggers Cup Winners this year were Dot and Kevin Tandy for the third time. The day is sponsored by Brain and Dianne Smith. Thank you.
- July Monthly Medal – sponsored by Yates Baker McLean – Congratulations to Sally Kay who won with a net 70, an impressive 4 over par round. Great golf Sally.
- The 4BBB Championship was played on Thursday 17th June. Sponsored by Maria Crawford, Ann Williams, Edna Sharp, and Carol Reynolds. Thank you, Ladies. Sally Kay and Jo Hunter defeated Jenny Milner and Sue Harris, 1 up on the 18th. Some very impressive golf was played by all with birdie or net birdie required to win or square the hole on 9 of the 18 holes! Drinks and nibbles were put on after presentations. Judy Royal and Lynn Isles were presented with the Dorothy Collins Trophy for being the first placed qualifiers for the event.
- Away Events
- Please refer to the notice board for these events. Not a lot happening during the winter months.
- Tuesday 22nd June – WDLGA Spoon Stableford – sponsored by Pauline Jani, Judy Royal, Jenny Cutler, Margaret Ogilvy, Cheryl Bennett, and Pam Evans.
- Tuesday 29th June – 18 Hole Stableford,
- Tuesday 6th July – Monthly Medal 6 – Sponsored by Don and Beryl Pearce
- Tuesday 12th July – Stableford
Happy Days Happy Golf Val