Are you OK seems to be a rather important question at this point of time.…
What with miserable cold wet weather and boggy golf course combined with Covid there had not been a lot of golf activity to report. Captain Gay had been doing a great job reorganising the calendar to make sure we are able to play all our events as much as possible. Bring on the good weather.
POINTS OF INTERSEST
This month we welcome Matt Barrett and Nathan King to Duntryleague as the new Golf Professionals. We wish them well as they embark on their new venture. They have some great ideas to bring forward to Duntryleague. Some ideas being considered are
- “Give Golf a Go”– a six-week coaching program for beginning women golfers during daylight saving followed by a 2-month trial membership. Cost $180. Women members will also offer some mentoring. If you know of any interested golfers let them know about this great incentive and offer.
- Sunday 9 hole Ambrose.
- Swing and Sip – play a few holes followed by a glass of wine. A great way of introducing new people to the club.
- Increased communications to players.
- Junior programs.
Some changes for the women –
- No longer will a credit be put on your account for balls won in the ball draw and for nearest the pins. Instead, you will pick up a ball from the pro shop to the value of $5.
- There will be a small bank transaction fee charged when you use cards for payment for your golf and pro shop purchases.
- All competition players on Thursday to play from the first tee.
- Canobolas Cup qualifying rounds were completed on Tuesday 10th after few postponements due to rain. Congratulation to all the qualifiers and good luck. We have decided to have to presentations for the Canobolas Cup, Consolation Cup, Rita West Memorial Trophy and winners of the two qualifying rounds on Tuesday 7th September following the Captain v President Day. The Canobolas Cup is sponsored by Helen Corby, the Consolation Cup by Janis Pritchard and Pat Bradford, and the winners of each qualifying by Lisa McDonald. Thank you very much.
- Captains v Presidents Day: Tuesday 7th September will be a shot gun start followed by lunch. (assuming we are not in lock down). I will sent out more information once we have finalised costs.
- We had a Stroke round instead of the 18 Hole v Par to enable the second round of the Canobolas Cup qualifying to be played. We welcomed Leesa Jagers from Eye See Eyes as a sponsor. Leesa also provided 2 beautiful pairs of designer sunglasses for the raffle. Insook and Janene were the lucky winners. Glenda Hodge had the best score for the day with a great nett 68. You are able to view all the results when you login to the website.
- The committee have decided that we will not run a raffle if there are under 30 players. Please support the raffle as this is a way to raise some money for the special things we do for the members.
- In future there will not be a Stableford event on Monthly Medal Days. You can pick your ball up and still continue playing stableford and your card will go to golf link.however there will be no prizes awarded. There is always the option of playing in the 9 Hole Stableford Competition.
- Narromine Tournament Wednesday 25th August 2021
- Coonabarabran Tournament – Sunday 19th September 2021
Up Coming Events.
- Tuesday 17th August Monthly Medal 7 . Sponsored by Printhie wines Jim and Ruth Swift. 9 Hole Stableford
- Thursday 19th August – Canobolas Cup round 2 elimination. Round 1 Consolation Cup.
- Tuesday 24th August – 3 sticks and a Putter sponsored by Dot Beasley and Janet Appleby.
- Thursday 26th August – Canobolas Round 3 elimination. Round 2 Consolation Cup.
- Tuesday 31st August – Swinger Fun Day sponsored by the Swingers.
- Thursday 2nd September – Final round Canobolas Cup and Consolation Cup.
- Tuesday 7th September – Captain v President Day. Presentations for Canobalas Cup etc.
- Tuesday 14th September – Course renovations.
Happy Days Happy Golf