Rotate screen to landscape to see full draw
Another busy month of golf and plenty more to come. Beautiful rain is keeping the course in amazing condition. There is certainly no excuse for my bad golf. Lucky for the walk and the talk to keep me on the golf course.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The March Monthly Medal was won by a very excited Erana Swain with a great Nett 69. Well done. It was a shame Erana wasn’t able to continue on in the Championships. Thank you to Tony Leahey Ford for your ongoing sponsorship.
- The Championships were interrupted by rain which unfortunately meant only 27 people contested all four rounds. This however did not deter from the competition as members vied for the honour of winning.
- The Matthew Robinson Trophy winner was Lindy Simpson with an overall nett score or 298 on a countback from Virginia Conran. Congratualtions. Thank you to President Pauline for sponsoring the event.
- An ever consistent Susan Fenwick was a very worthy recipient of the Club Champion for 2021. Jo Hunter was a very humble runner up. Watch out girls she is on the run.
- B Grade winner was a delighted Maria Crawford with runner up Jenny Millner.
- C grade equally excited winner was Lesley Williams with Helen Neal.
- Thank you to Orange Self Storage for your generous ongoing sponsorship.
- Also thank you to Sally Gordon and Robin Thompson for sponsoring Round 3 of the championships.
- Mixed Can Assist Charity Day – what a lovely day with plenty of players supporting the worthy charity. Congratulations to Beryl Pearce who won the day and was presented with the trophy. The organising committee put in so much work preparing dinner, sweets and all the raffles.
- Palliative Care Charity Day -There were not as many players but it was still a very successful day. Jenny Hazelton gave a very informative talk explaining the progress that has been made towards establishing a permanent Palliative Care Unit in Orange. Jenny was presented with a cheque for approximately $700 which was greatly appreciated. Congratulations to Virginia Conran on her 43 points win. (79 off the stick). Not only did she win the day she also got two nearest the pins, won Billy’s cake and it was her birthday. Not a bad day out.
- Thursday – we played a Stableford Multiplier for the first fun day. My 7 wipes didn’t multiply to much. A great day.
- WDLGA Tournament– Plans are progressing well. If you are intending coming to the dinner please pay your money ASAP. The raffle donation basket is in the ladies’ room and rosters are on the notice board. Thank you for your support.
- Do not drive carts inside the blue lines.
- Be careful not to damage the course when taking a practice swing.
- Try to hole out short putts unless you are standing on another players line.
- Try not to slide, drag feet or lean on your putter or flag stick on the green as this can cause damage.
- Tuesday 20th April – 3rd Monthly Medal sponsored by Inbound Web Solutions – Jo Hunter
- Tuesday 27th April – NSW 2 person Ambrose Championships sponsored by Beryl Pearce and Helen Corby.
- Monday 3rd May – Members AGM
- Tuesday 4th May – 4th Monthly Medal sponsored by Kendal- Kendal Hanson
- Tuesday 11th May – Thursday 13th May – WDLGA Tournament. Sponsored by Orange City Council.
Happy Days Happy Golf