A lot has happened this month. It is lovely to see the course looking so green and to be enjoying some warm weather. The recent rain was very welcome.
Points of Interest
- Welcome to new members Neridah McAndrew and Louise Dally.
- Monthly Medal winner for October was Ruth Swift with an amazing 63 nett, Ruth’s best ever stroke score of 87. Congratulations Ruth
- Can Assist charity was a success. Congratulations to all the winners. An Amazing 110 was the winning score. Thank you Shirley for your involvement.
- AGM 27th November: Nominations for the committee would be very welcome. Nomination forms are available from Beryl. If you have anything you would like tabled at the meeting it must be submitted in writing prior to the meeting.
- Work will commence on the 11th November on the new deck so the area will be out of operation for the week.
- Donations for the Christmas Cheer hampers are most welcome. There will be a box to deposit donations in the ladies rooms.
- Closing Day: Donations of slice, cakes, scones etc would be appreciated on this day. By providing afternoon tea the cost of the day can be reduced to $20 instead of $25.
- Ladies Tournament: The tournament was a huge success and everyone seemed to have a great time. The weather was kind and the course magnificent. A massive thank you to all the many volunteers. An extra big thank you to Maria and Beryl for their dedication to the running of the event. Our girls were very successful taking home many prizes. Full results are available here: Duntryleague Ladies Open Results.
- Three sticks and a putter saw some amazing scores. Lorie with 40 points and Maria with 41 points. Who needs all those clubs?
- Melbourne Cup saw heaps of activity around the club with various events taking place. Winners on the day were Robin Thompson with 37 points for division 1, Janet Appleby with 38 points for division 2 and Alan Ralston for the men with 40 points. Congratulations.
13th November: Medal of Medals 18 Hole Stroke. Sponsored by Janet Bowyer and Phyllis Conran.
20th November: Closing Day 18 Hole Stroke/ Handicap / Stableford sponsored by Baldock Stacey and Niven. Invite your friends to come and join us on the day.
27th November – Ladies Annual General Meeting (AGM): 18 Hole Stableford shotgun start 8.30 for 9.00 sponsored by Bron Ryan, Barbara Mutton and Sally Keenan.
4th December – Christmas Cheer Day: 4 Person Best Ball Stableford. Choose own partner/ group. 8.00 for 8.30 shotgun start.
Please remember golf continues throughout the summer break even though the ladies committee do not run the events.
Happy Days. Happy Golf. Val