It was lovely to see so many people at the Foundation Dinner on Sunday, August 4th. Ian and Maisy Stapleton gave an interesting insight into their vision for the mansion renovation. A beautiful meal was served by the staff. Janet Appleby did an amazing job coordinating the lunch. Good luck with all your future endeavours.
Points of Interest
- Welcome to new member Jun Insook. We hope you enjoy your new club.
- Two amazing scores were achieved on the 23rd July Stableford event. Liz Nist has 43 point and Dulcie Ferguson had 41 points. I played with Dulcie and she certainly played a consistent game.
- Christmas in July – What a wonderful day, gorgeous weather and a lovely lunch and some good golf as well. The winners on the day were Kerry Kidd and Erana Swain with 47 points. Due to Angullong Wine’s generous wine donation we were able to give out lots of prizes. Thank you so much Hatty.
- Last week we played the two qualifying rounds for the Canobolas Cup. It was amazing to see so many players keen to participate. We had 28 wanting to qualify. A great field on Thursday with 35 players. It is encouraging to see the numbers increasing for Thursday.
- Jenny Millner with 2 net 70 rounds was the top qualifier and the recipient of the Rita West Memorial Trophy kindly donated by Kevin Frazer. Jenny will receive her prize and the conclusion of the Canobolas Cup on 29th August. We will have drinks and nibbles at the conclusion of the event
- How delightful to have Billy Henderson come and present the Round 1 Canobolas Cup Qualifying winners with their prizes. Billy has been a sponsor for many years. Jill Benson certainly hit her straps with a net 66. Shame she was unable to continue in the event.
- Monthly Medal winner with a great net 65 was a very excited Margaret Murray. To add to her excitement she had a hole in one on the 11th hole. What a great achievement. Marg said she had been playing golf for 50 years and that was her first hole in one. Congratulations to a very worthy recipient. Thank you to Printhie Wines (Ruth Swift) for their generous sponsorship on the day.
- Captains V Presidents Day that was scheduled for the 3rd September has been changed to the 27th August. The original date clashes with several committee members traveling to Sydney for country week, including Captain Gay. Tandy Welding (Dot) are sponsors for the event. Thank you. When entering your team for the day if you wish to be on the President’s team please place you team on the right-hand side of the screen and if you wish to play on the Captain’s team please place you team on the left-hand side. This is probably more pertinent to past Captains and Presidents. President’s team are asked to wear blue and Captain’s to wear red if possible.
- Good luck to all the 16 qualifiers for the Canobolas Cup.
- October Ladies Tournament is coming up quickly. Please place your entry forms for the event ASAP. This is the ladies main fundraising event for the year and is always well received. Further down the track we will be looking for helpers. Thank you.
Please refer to the notice board near the ladies bathroom for fliers regarding away events. If you are interested in attending you can arrange for yourself or speak to me regarding entry. I will just mention the more local events in the newsletter in the future. It is lovely to support our local small, and often struggling clubs.
- Manildra Tournament – Thursday 5th September
- Canowindra Tournament – 12th September (always a lovely day out)
Up Coming Events
- 13th August – 18 or 9 hole Stableford
- 15th August – 2nd round Canobolas Cup , 1st Round Consolation Cup. The Canobolas Cup is sponsored by Helen Corby and the Consolation Cup is sponsored by Janis Pritchard and Pat Bradford.
- 20th August – 18 or 9 hole Stableford.
- 23rd August – Round 3 Matchplay. Round 2 Consolation Cup
- 27th August – Captains versus Presidents Day. Sponsored by Tandy Welding
- 29th August – Finals. Canobolas Cup and Consolation Cup.
- 3rd September – 18 or 9 hole Stableford
- 10th September – course renovation- 9 hole Comp
Christmas in July – Thank you Hatty and Angullong Wines
Monthly Medal – Hole in One – Marg Murray – Thank you Ruth Swift and Printhie Wines
Canobolas Cup – Thank you Billie Henderson
Happy days. Happy Golfing