What a busy and exciting month we have. A recent chill in the air is a bit of a warning that winter is approaching. Time to check out the winter wardrobe ready for the brisk morning starts. The gardens around the clubhouse are still looking amazing thanks to the girls who help keep them maintained.
It is great to see so many ladies playing on Tuesdays. We had 81 players one week which was amazing. There is a lovely vibe of friendship after golf regardless of how we have played. Our nine hole contingent is also growing so if you don’t feel up to 18 holes please come along and join in with the girls.
The Monthly medal winner for March was a very excited Isabel Weston with a nett 70 on a countback from Dawn Roberts. The April Monthly Medal was won by an also excited Virginia Conran with a nett 70. The good games are always in there we just have to find them! Thank you to our medal sponsors Tony Leahey Motor Group an GIO Finance( Richard and Cheryl Bennett)
Thank you to Sally Gordon and Robin Thompson who sponsored the daily competition on the 25th March.
The championships were held over four rounds. Congratulations to all participants. It was great to see so many Division 3 players this year. You have to be in it to win it and there were some surprised faces in the winning circle. You can never predict what the final results will be. Not that I had to worry about what prize to collect!! Thank you again for your generous sponsorship Virginia. Thank you also, Carol Stewart, a very special past champion for presenting some trophies. Congratulations to all the winners especially our club champion Susan Fenwick and Matthew Robinson Trophy winner Sally Gordon.
|Division 1||Division 2||Division 3|
|Winner||Susan Fenwick||Sally Gordon||Cathy Murphy|
|Runner up||Sandra Schultz||Bronwyn Brazier||Dot Beasley|
|Handicap Winner||Elaine Cusack||Maria Crawford||Janet Appleby|
|Handicap Runner up||Val Pollock||Alison Duffield||Jenny Armstrong|
Points of Interest
- Congratulations Jo Hunter on your brilliant Eagle on the ninth during the last round of the Championships. Well done.
- Just a reminder that the scheduled WDLGA 4BBB V par on the 23rd April is now a 2 person Ambrose.
- The Matchplay Championships finals will be played on Sunday 14th April commencing around 9.00 am. If you have some time to spare come along and give the girls some support.
- Pennants are playing Bathurst on the 12th April in Orange. The team is Susan Fenwick, Sandra Schultz, Virginia Conran. Michelle Paul and Beryl Pearce. If you think you might be interested in playing in the next round please see Gay.
- Welcome to our new member and returning members – Lisa McDonald, Julie Mendham, Mary Close, Sally Mc Donald and Jane Weisner. We hope you enjoy your new club.
- Just a little reminder that when you put your card through the computer please check that what is written on your card matches that recorded on the computer. If not you can edit it on the computer. Check with a committee member if unsure. Thanks.
- Forbes Open Tournament 4th – 5th May
- Western Districts Dubbo – 14th – 16th May
Up Coming Events
- 16th April – 18 hole V Par 9 hole stableford.
- 23rd April – WDLGA 2 person Ambrose
- 30th May – Stableford
- 7th May – Monthy Medal Sponsored by Kendal.
Happy Days. Happy Golf. Val