The Steve Conran Junior Tournament was held yesterday at Duntryleague. It was great to see…
Welcome back to normal golf. Hopefully our last interruption. We have missed a lot of events so let’s make the rest of the year great. It will be great so see everyone back in the clubhouse for some well-earned chatter.
Points of Interest
- Sally Gordon shone for out first day back to normal competition with a brilliant 41 points. She also had 39 points on the 5th of October and 39 points on the 2nd of October. Sally played at Blayney during lockdown, maybe a plan for us!! Ann Williams also had 40 points. Great scoring girls. My 38 just didn’t make the podium but still smiling.
- Sally Kay had a Brilliant round on Saturday 9th October with 41 points (74 off the stick, 2 stroke PB). Not bad for a 7 (now 6) handicapper. Sally also won the City of Orange Golf Championship over the October Long Weekend. Congratulations Sally.
- Sadly rain interfered with the Monthly Medal but it will be rescheduled for Thursday 21st October. It will be played in conjunction with the Canobolas and Consolation Cups. Thank you to Julie Mendham from Caboodle for the lovely raffle prize, please remember to get your tickets on the Thursday.
- Can Assist Charity Tuesday 19th October – hopefully we will get a big field for the day. There will be some great raffle prizes and tickets will be 3 for $5. All proceeds are donated to the charity along with any sponsorship.
- Melbourne Cup – No shotgun start to limit numbers coming into the club at the same time. There will be a lunch at the club at a cost of $30. All money to be payed in advance at the office no later than Tuesday 26th October. Limited numbers so be quick. This event is a mixed event. Golf to be paid on the day at the pro shop.
- Give Golf a Go – Matt and Nathan are running a program for new golfers who are not members of a club. There has been a lot of interest in the program. If you have any old clubs, golf bags or buggies that you might like to donate it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact the pro shop.
- The committee have been working through changes that are necessary due to the restructure of the club. Whilst it will make the committee’s work load easier it will in no way impact on our golf and the events that we run. We live in a digital world and must embrace what it can do for us.
- The pro shop are now collating the women’s results most weeks and results and prizes will be displayed in the member’s portal. Texas Shoot Outs, Swingers Fun days etc will still need to be organised by the committee.
- Our thoughts go out to members who are managing health issues at the moment. We hope to see you back soon.
- Silver Teams – due to COVID, the Silver Teams event has been cancelled this year.
- Many members have requested a list of phone numbers so that they can call them if they can’t play or need to change things. We are happy to email a list of names and phone numbers to playing members. If you do not want your phone number included please text or call Gay on 0437 628 354. Thank you.
- AGM Tuesday 22nd October – you will receive notification of the meeting soon .
- Committee 2022 – please give some thought to becoming a committee member. A rewarding experience. Nomination forms will be in the suggestion box soon.
- Tuesday 19th October – Can Assist Charity Day – Texas Shootout. Sponsored by Jill Benson, Margaret Shannon, Shirley Doherty Dot Beasley and Janis Pritchard.
- Thursday 21st October – Monthly Medal. Canobolas and Consolation Cups match play
- Tuesday 26th October – Sadie Thomas Memorial 4BBB Stableford. Sponsored by Aileen and Alan Ralston.
- Thursday 28th October – Final rounds of the Canobolas and Consolation Cups Sponsored by Helen Corby and Janis Pritchard.
- Tuesday 2nd Melbourne Cup – 18 hole individual Stableford.
- Thursday 4th November – 18 hole Stableford
- Tuesday 9th November – Medal of Medals – 18 hole stroke . Sponsored by Phyllis Conran and Janet Bowyer
- Thursday 11th November – Stableford
- Tuesday 16th Closing Day – Stableford
Happy Days Happy Golf- Val