It has been a while since the last newsletter but with things being far from normal I haven’t had a lot to report. Who knows when things will be “normal” so I will see what I can conger up for you. It is certainly difficult to catch up with everyone face to face.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The numbers for golf have been excellent especially during the winter months. Some new faces, as well as those returning from a break. Thank you for supporting the club .
- We were hoping to have a combined presentation. However, since the COVID virus continues to be present we have decided to put all outstanding prize monies on your Duntryleague prize account. I will put a list in the ladies room if I don’t see you. The prizes are for the Swingers Golf Day and the 4BBB Championships. There will be vouchers awarded for the Canobolas Cup and the Consolation Cup. Thank you for your patience. Hopefully, this will all be a distant memory next year. Thank you also to the Sponsors for these events. Swingers – Kez Brett, Jenny Millner, Janine Bessan, Helen Neil and Caroline Lennon. 4BBB Championships – Dorothy Collins Memorial Trophy – Barbara Chapman and Carol Hughes and 4BBB Matchplay – Maria Crawford, Edna Sharp, Ann Williams and Carol Stewart.
- After much discussion the committee is going to trial only having presentations on Monthly Medal Day. We hope you still come into the clubhouse for lunch and some socialising and make an effort to stay for presentation on Monthly Medal Days. We will still have a presentation after special events such as Captain President Day.
- The committee have also decided to do away with presentation cards. The prize money you receive will be displayed on the blue board near the bookshelves. Alternatively, prizes should be on the website.
We are concerned fundraising through raffle as it is difficult to catch up with members after play and for the difficulties that COVID restrictions impose. The money taken from the raffles goes directly to the ladies for hospitality, travel and payment for representative events. Think of it as a donation with the chance of winning a prize. Starting next week the raffle tin will be in the pro shop for you to purchase your $2 ticket. ( Make sure you bring some cash please ). If you do buy a ticket you need to put a clear R on your card and we will have a card draw for the winner. Fingers crossed that this will work.
- Our July Monthly Medal was Maureen Cook with a very commendable 69 nett and the runner up was Sally Kay with a nett 70.Thank you to Don and Beryl Pearce for your ongoing sponsorship.
- The August medal winner was Elaine Cusack ( her second this year) with a nett 72. Congratulations Elaine. There were about 6 girls with a nett 72 so a well-contested event. Thank you, Ruth Swift and Printhie for your sponsorship.
- The 4BBB was won by Pat Rose and Helen Bouffler with a great 46 points and Carol Hughes and Susan Fenwick were runners up with 42 points.
- The Winter Wonderland was a great day and even though the weather was far from a winter’s day, more like spring. It was lovely to be able to get together for lunch. Thank you to sponsors Gay, Kerry and Val. The winners were Sally K, Virginia, Jo and Ros with 96 points and Lou, Marg M, Julie M, and Elaine with 95 c/b.
- The Keno 2 person Ambrose was played on 14th July with Gay and Carol H the winners with 63.25. Sponsors Beryl And Helen Corby. Margot Sullivan and Michelle Paul will represent DL in Dubbo.
- The Canobolas Cup is up and running. Well done to Barbara Mutton who was the top qualifier and receives the Rita West Memorial Trophy sponsored by Kevin Frazer. There were some close matches in round one with some going to the 19th hole. Good luck this week for the second round and the Consolation Cup. Helen Corby generously sponsors the Canobolas and Janis Pritchard and Pat Bradford sponsor the Consolation Cup. We are hoping to have a presentation after the final on 27th August. We are unable to have our normal nibbles but stay for celebration drinks.
- The Captains v Presidents Day (4BBB) is scheduled for the 25th August, proudly sponsored by Tandy Welding. We are unable to have a shotgun start but we will still have a lunch. It will be 2 courses for $25. Normally ex-presidents and captains play for their respective teams. If you wish to play for the Presidents team please put you teams name on the top two spaces or the 2 left hand side spaces (depending on the layout on your screen) when entering on the computer and if you are playing on the Captains team please put you name on the bottom 2 spaces or 2 right hand spaces of your screen.
Presidents Team wear blue if possible and Captains Team to wear red.
- Condobolin are having a mixed tournament on the 29th – 30th August.