It is hard to believe that we are already into the second half of the year. It is great to see so many ladies playing golf during the winter, hopefully the lovely still and mild days we are currently experiencing will continue. That would be expecting too much! Some soaking rain would be lovely.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- We sadly said goodbye Iris Dwyer last week. A wonderful lady and a great example of the benefits of playing golf. Sadly missed.
- The June Monthly Medal was won by Alison Duffield with a nett 71. Alison has certainly been playing some great golf of late. Thank you to Yates Baker and McLean for their sponsorship.
- 4BBB Matchplay Championships- Congratulations to Gay Stone, Maureen Blunden, Maria Crawford and Isabel Western for reaching the final. Maria and Isabel played the semi final in appalling conditions and had to play 19 holes. The winners finals day were Gay and Maureen. The game was played in great spirit. It was a chilly day but I don’t think the ladies noticed as they concentrated on each shot. Maria and Isabel fought hard to be one down on the 17th but were unable to complete their run, the final score 2/1. Thank you for the generous sponsorship from Maria Crawford, Edna Sharp, Ann Williams and Carol Reynolds.
- The Dorothy Collins Trophy was won by Alison Duffield and Sally Kay. Thank you to Barbara Chapman Carol Hughes and the Collins family for your sponsorship.
- Congratulations to Susan Fenwick who scored an Eagle on the 16th. Amazing, well done Susan.
- July Monthly Medal was won by Val Durack with a nett 66. What a surprise, wonders will never cease. It was the most magnificent day for the beginning of July. Thank you to Don and Beryl Pearce for your sponsorship.
- Christmas in July Lunch is fast approaching. Please make sure your money is paid to the office in advance so we have the correct number for catering and for table settings. The cost is $40.
- July 14th Sunday – Far West Bowl- Warren Tournament.
- July 28th – Bogan Gate Tournament.
- August 4th – Condobolin Tournament.
- July 16th – 18/9 hole Stableford.
- July 23rd – Christmas in July. 4BBB Stableford (closed) 8.30 shotgun start. Sponsored by Angullong wines.
- 30th July – Canobolas Cup Qualifying Round 1 – 18 hole stroke. Sponsored by Billy Henderson.
- 30th July – Rita West Memorial Trophy – Round 1, sponsored by Kevin Frazer.
- 1st August – Canobolas Cup Qualifying Round 2 – 18 hole stroke. Sponsored by Helen Corby.
- 1st August – Rita West Memorial Trophy – Round 2
- 6th August – Monthly Medal 7 – 18 hole stroke Eclectic 7 . Sponsored by Printhe Wines.
- 8th August – Canobolas Cup Match Play – Elimination Round 1.
Happy Days. Happy Golf