Have you noticed? Not as many people on the course recently - autumn has ended…
Welcome to the first newsletter of 2022. Acknowledgements and thanks must go to Val Durack for her hard work and commitment to the Newsletter over the past three years. I will try to follow Val’s familiar format to bring you a wrap up of what has been happening on the course each month.
Points of Interest
- The Summer Competition was won by Jo Hunter. This competition is the best two rounds of 9 holes over the summer period and Jo had 40 points total. Thank you Maria Crawford for your sponsorship of this event.
- The Consistency Competition was also run in January and Jo Hunter proved again that consistency is always the winner. Well done Jo on a great summer of golf. Jo had 175 points for her best five rounds of 18 holes. A 40 point game in there certainly put her ahead of the pack. Runner-up was Sally Kay with 170 points. These ladies certainly know how to stay in the winners’ circle.
- A number of our lady members played in the Mercedes-Benz Duntryleague Classic over three days in January. Visiting golfers dominated the winners list however Ros Davis can be congratulated for coming runner-up in the overall 54 hole competition.
- Opening Day sponsored by Roan Financial Group was held on 8th February; it was a perfect day for golf with the sun shining and the course looking immaculate. Ninety-seven ladies played and we welcomed visitors from Bathurst, Cumnock, Forbes, Henbury, Manildra, Parkes and Wentworth. There were lots of good golfers that day and the women taking out the scratch events were Sally Kay (Div 1), Elizabeth Nist (Div 2), Pauline Jani (Div 3) and Pam Wright (Div 4). Big thanks to Peter Roan for his sponsorship which has been a constant of the Opening Day for many years. The winners will receive a golf tee-shirt emblazoned with their achievement and the Roan Group logo.
- Regency Cup played annually against Wentworth was held on Friday 11th February. It is a 4BBB matchplay format and 16 of our girls put their hands up to have a go against the Wenty lot. Unfortunately the Wentworth course and their seasoned players defeated our girls 5.5 to 2.5. We’ll be ready for them next year when it will be played at Duntry and be sure to get that cup back. All good fun and we thank our girls for representing the club and giving their time.
Up coming Events
- First Monthly Medal will be held on 15th February sponsored by the Country Duntry Girls. This will also be the first round of the GolfNSW Medal event.
- Course renovations start on 21st February so on Tuesday of that week the back 9 holes will be closed and only a 9 Hole Competition..
- Stableford events will continue to be played each Thursday.
- Tuesday 1st March Individual Stableford
- Tuesday 8th March Individual Stableford
- Ladies Club Championships are due to start on15th March. This is a while away yet but be sure to clear your calendar so you are available for this event on 15th, 17th, 22nd and 24th March. More details next newsletter.
- Canowindra Opening Day Wednesday 16th February. Details are on the noticeboard
- Western Districts Annual Tournament is on at Cowra 10th, 11th and 12th May. The reason I mention this so early is because some of our members are already thinking about accommodation bookings.
- Wentworth Tournament is due to be played Sunday 13th March
If you think you may have won a ball in any event you can check by looking at the competition RESULTS online. Click on the PRIZES icon and it shows the winners and runners-up as well as the ball run down. A list of ball winners is also in the Proshop and on the Ladies noticeboard. You can then claim your ball from the Proshop.
Give Golf A Go
Some of our lady members have been mentoring the Give Golf A Go participants. They play 5 or 6 holes with the newbies with particular emphasis on etiquette and pace of play. There are some very keen and enthusiastic ladies sure to be future members. If any one else is available to have a social hit or just a walk with these beginners see Gay or Kerry to make arrangements. Another lot of Give Golf A Go ladies are due to start their lessons with the Proshop on 15th February.
Hit them Straight. Till next time. Sally H.