Course and Pro Shop OPEN
The latest recommendations from Golf NSW and are in place at Duntryleague:
- No sharing of golf carts
- Disinfect carts before and after use
- Increase intervals between tee times
- Play in groups of 2 and we strongly advise clubs to use one starting tee only
- Adhere to the 4 square metre distancing rules as a minimum
- No presentations at the conclusion of competitions
- Ensure contact with golf-related infrastructure is minimised
- Leave the doors to Pro Shops open
- Introduce the new modified Rules of Golf so that flag sticks and bunker rakes aren’t touched
- Reduce hole depth
- ensure personal hygiene standards are maintained at the highest level
- Don’t attend the golf club if you feel ill, or have been in contact with someone who is
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands
- Don’t shake hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth because your hands touch many different surfaces and can easily pick up viruses
There are now additional comps on Friday and Sundays to help provide more time slots due to being able to only play in pairs.
Regular Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday comps continue.
Members are reminded that on Sunday March 29, Scott Morrison, the Prime Minister of Australia strongly recommended against any person over the age of 70 leaving their home, unless absolutely necessary. Golf NSW strongly supports the Prime Minister’s recommendation. It is up each individual to assess for themselves their risk profile and any decision to play golf is at their own risk.
After reconsideration, the Office of Sport – NSW Government has advised that golf is considered an activity that can continue to be played in line with Public Health Orders relating to public gathering limits, social distancing, and the elderly.
The advice from Golf NSW is:
Maintaining the public’s physical and mental well-being is now as important as ever. Where possible, it is important sporting clubs and organisations continue to allow people to exercise, so long as social distancing is practised and rules around public gatherings of no more than two people are complied with.
Duntryleague Golf Course is open for play
- No more than 2 in group, and maintaining social distance
- All flags MUST BE LEFT IN and not touched.
- 1 person per cart
- Do not swap cards
- Do not mark other persons ball
- Bring own sand bucket
Absolutely no exceptions to these rules.